CLINICAL DO’S & DON’TS
This is a reminder to all clinical students that you are expected to be of utmost good behavior during your clinical. That means that certain rules and regulations of the school and clinical site has to be upheld. This include, but not limited to the following:
- You must only take instructions from your instructor.
- You must report to the clinical site on time. You may be asked to go home if you arrive late.
- You cannot leave the clinical site at any time without the permission of the instructor.
- You cannot leave for home at the end of the clinical day without proper discharge from your instructor.
- You cannot leave the patient unattended at any time.
- You cannot operate or use your phone in the clinical building.
- You are not allowed to lift a patient without the authorization of the clinical instructor and presence of the Clinical instructor.
- You are not allowed to take photographs of yourself, or with your colleagues, patients and/or employees inside the clinical facility.
- You forbidden from returning to the clinical facility in your school uniform after your clinical shift is over.
- You must leave or vacate the clinical facility immediately, if instructed to by the facility management or the clinical instructor.
- You must arrive at the clinical site appropriately dressed as you are required and instructed at the school.
Failure to follow any of the rules mentioned above will result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND DISMISSAL from the clinical site and from the CNA /GNA program.
Furthermore, you should keep in mind (1) that the assignment of students to patients is the sole duty and responsibility of the clinical instructor. Failure to accept your assignment is unacceptable and will also result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND DISMISSAL from the clinical site and from the CNA /GNA program.
(2) Any disruptive behaviors whatsoever, including insubordination or refusal to take orders and/or instructions from the instructor will also result in IMMEDIATE TERMINATION AND DISMISSAL from the clinical site and from the CNA /GNA program.
ZERO TOLERANCE: There will be zero tolerance for students and/or student conducts that are unprofessional, pose risk and danger to nursing home residents, employees and fellow students and/or violate Stein Academy’s student codes of conduct or the rules and regulations of the clinical facility. I, the student whose name and signature appears below also agree to abide by the list of behaviors and consequences listed in the “Student Handbook” and in the “Clinical Information Package” which was provided to me and all the students in class.
Note: Students who are not properly attired or dressed, or with tongue, nose or lip rings, long or large dangling ear rings or bright, multicolored hair style will not be allowed to do the clinical and will not be allowed into the clinical facility.