Phlebotomy Technician Program
Stein Academy (SA) is a State of Maryland and Maryland Board of Nursing approved private career school. Stein Academy is dedicated to the training of students in the fields of technology, medical and allied health careers. This brochure describes our Phlebotomy Technician training program, and will be updated periodically.
WHAT THEY DO
Phlebotomy Technicians (Phlebotomists) are responsible for drawing blood used to perform various medical tests. They work in hospitals, physician offices, medical and diagnostic labs and in ambulatory healthcare services.
To Learn more about Phlebotomy Technician [what they do, where they work, how much they earn, etc] Click Here
The Phlebotomy Technician program is based on 60 hours of classroom and laboratory instructions. A minimum successful venipunture and heel/capillary sticks is required for graduation. All venipuncture and sticks are done in house on the premises. There are no additional outside or external clinical.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
All prospective students must:
(1) Successfully pass a pre-admission test OR provide Proof of successful completion of a high school education e.g. a high school diploma, GED, Transcript.
(2) Posses A Social Security Number or a U.S. Immigrations Number and Photo ID
(3) Submit Proof of a negative Tuberculosis test (PPD) taken within the past 6 months, or if positive in the past, submit a chest X-ray report noting the absence of active TB, taken within the last two years)
(4) Provide a proof of Immunization against Hepatitis
B. OR sign a waiver.
(5) Provide proof of measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) immunizations OR sign a waiver.
(6) Submit a Physical Exam Report from his/her physician or a signed letter from his/her physician stating that the student is in good health to enroll and participate in the program.
(7) Provide proof of health insurance coverage. OR sign a waiver. Waiver Forms are available at the office.
(8) Must be at least 17 years old, by the last scheduled class meeting day of the program.
Note: Some of the shots/immunizations mentioned here you may already have. Just bring copies of your records.
The tuition and lab fee for Phlebotomy Technician program at Stein Academy is one thousand three hundred dollars $1,300, which includes tuition of $1,200 and a $100 lab fee. There is a <>Non-refundable Registration fee of $50.
The following are additional cost/fees that students may have to incur. These costs are subject to change: Pre-admission Test fee if you do not have a High School Diploma or GED – $35; Books (textbook & workbook) is $110. Uniforms – $35/pair, $100 for 3.
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of class
However, installment payments are available to students.
One time Payment –in – Full for tuition & Lab fees only = $1,300(excluding books & uniforms)
Note:** There is a one time $20 “installment Payment Servicing Fee” for those who chose to pay in installments. The fee is added to the first payment.
First payment $460 Due on or before the first day of class.
Second Payment $430 Due on or before the Friday of the second week.
Third/Final Payment $430 Due on or before the Friday of the fourth week..
(Breakdown is based on Tuition and lab fee plus $20 installment fee)
Note: Students who do not complete their tuition (a) Will not be allowed to take the final exam (b) Will not graduate (c) Will not be given any letter of reference.
Payment Options: We accept cash, money orders, certified bank checks, debit and credit cards. No personal checks!
Payment Receipts: Students are entitled to and must request a receipt for all payments made to Stein Academy. No refunds will be made without a receipt.
Refunds: No cash refunds. All refunds will be made by CHECK, not withstanding the form of payment used. All refunds will be based on the School Refund Policy.
Stein Academy does not offer financial aid and does not participate in the Federal Financial Aid program at this time. The school however, welcomes sponsorship, financial assistance and tuition payments from any source or organization made payable to Stein Academy on behalf of any student.
Uniforms are required. The uniform color is Royal Blue for classroom and white for clinical. All uniforms are imprinted with the school logo and are available for purchase at the school.
OTHER PROGRAMS & CLASSES OFFERED AT STEIN ACADEMY
CNA/GNA (Weekdays) – 4 weeks
CNA/GNA (Weekends) – 8.5 weeks
Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (Weekdays) – 7 weeks
Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (Weekends) – 11.5 weeks
Pharmacy Tech (Weekend) – 11 weeks +160 hours Externship
Pharmacy Tech (Weekdays) – 4.5 weeks +160 hours Externship
Phlebotomy Technician – 8 weeks
EKG Technician – 6 weeks
Medical Assistant – 600 hours+160 hours. Externship
CPR/First Aid – 5 hours
To work in Maryland national certification is not required. However, we do encourage all of our students to take a national certification upon graduation. Please note that requirements are different for different Certification organizations. Additional information is available for those who are interested.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission: http://www.mhec.state.md.us
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy: http://www.dhmh.maryland.gov/
- Maryland Board of Nursing: http://www.mbon.org/