Stein Academy (SA) is a State of Maryland approved private career school. SA is dedicated to the training of students in the fields of technology, medical and allied health careers. This brochure describes our EKG/ECG Technician Training program, and will be updated periodically.
WHAT THEY DO
EKG Technicians assist the physicians and nurses to obtain a graphical reading of the heart using an electrocardiograph or EKG Machine. They provide the printed graphical output to the Physician for interpretation.
To Learn more about EKG Technician [what they do, where they work, how much they earn, etc] Click Here
The EKG/ECG Technician program is based on 50 hours of classroom and laboratory instructions.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN PROGRAM
All prospective students must:
- Successfully pass a pre-admission test OR provide Proof of successful completion of a high school education e.g. a high school diploma, GED, Transcript.
- Posses A Social Security Number or a U.S. Immigrations Number and Photo ID
- Submit Proof of a negative Tuberculosis test (PPD) taken within the past 6 months, or if positive in the past, submit a chest X-ray report noting the absence of active TB, taken within the last two years).
- Provide a proof of Immunization against Hepatitis B. OR sign a waiver.
- Submit a Physical Exam Report from his/her physician or a signed letter from his/her physician stating that the student is in good health to enroll and participate in the program. Forms are available at the office.
- Provide proof of health insurance coverage. OR sign a waiver. Waiver Forms are available at the office.
- Must be at least 17 years old, by the last scheduled class meeting day of the program.
Note: Some of the shots/immunizations mentioned here you may already have. Just bring copies of your records.
The tuition and lab fee for EKG/ECG Technician program at Stein Academy is one thousand fifty dollars ($1050) which includes $1000 for tuition and a $50 lab fee. There is a Non-refundable Registration fee of $50.
The following are additional cost/fees that students may have to incur. These costs are subject to change: Pre-admission Test fee if you do not have a High School Diploma or GED – $35; Books (2 books) – $105; Uniforms – $35/pair, $100 FOR 3; Optional National Certification Exam after graduation – $105.
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of class
However, installment payments are available to students.
One time Payment –in – Full for tuition & Lab fees only = $1,050 (excluding books & uniforms)
Note:** There is a one time $20 “installment Payment Servicing Fee” for those who chose to pay in installments. The fee is added to the first payment.
First payment – $370 Due on or before the first day of class.
Second Payment – $350 Due on or before the Friday of the second week.
Third/Final Payment – $350 Due on or before the Friday of the 3rd week.
(Breakdown is based on Tuition and lab fee plus $20 installment fee)
Note: Students who do not complete their tuition (a) Will not be allowed to take the final exam (b) Will not graduate (c) Will not be given any letter of reference.
Payment Options: We accept cash, money orders, certified bank checks, debit and credit cards. No personal checks!
Payment Receipts: Students are entitled to and must request a receipt for all payments made to Stein Academy. No refunds will be made without a receipt.
Refunds: No cash refunds. All refunds will be made by CHECK, not withstanding the form of payment used. All refunds will be based on the School Refund Policy.
Stein Academy does not offer financial aid and does not participate in the Federal Financial Aid program at this time. The school however, welcomes sponsorship, financial assistance and tuition payments from any source or organization made payable to Stein Academy on behalf of any student.
Uniforms are required. The uniform color is Royal Blue for classroom and white for clinical. All uniforms are imprinted with the school logo and are available for purchase at the school.
OTHER PROGRAMS & CLASSES OFFERED AT STEIN ACADEMY
-CNA/GNA (Wkdays) – 4 wks
-CNA/GNA (Wknds) – 8.5 wks
-Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (wkdys) 7 wks
-Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (wknds) 11.5 wks
–Pharmacy Tech (wknd) 11 wks +160 hrs Externship
–Pharmacy Tech (wkdys) 4.5 wks +160 hrs Externship
-Phlebotomy Technician – 8 wks
-EKG Technician – 6 wks
-Medical Assistant – 600 hrs+160hrs. Externship
-CPR/First Aid – 5 hrs
PROGRAM LENGTH – 6 weeks
To work in Maryland national certification is not required. However, we do encourage all of our students to take a national certification upon graduation. Please note that requirements are different for different Certification organizations. Additional information is available for those who are interested.
- Maryland Higher Education Commission: http://www.mhec.state.md.us
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy: http://www.dhmh.maryland.gov/
- Maryland Board of Nursing: http://www.mbon.org/