Stein Academy (SA) is a State of Maryland and Maryland Board of Nursing approved private career school. Stein Academy is dedicated to the training of students in the fields of technology, medical and allied health careers. This brochure describes our CNA/GNA training program, and will be updated periodically.
WHAT THEY DO
Certified Nursing Assistants also known as Nurse Aide help care for physically or mentally ill, injured, disabled or infirm individuals in their homes, at the hospitals, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living facilities, and mental health settings. They provide hands-on care, and perform routine tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
To Learn more about CNA/GNA [what they do, where they work, how much they earn, etc] Click Here
The CNA/GNA program is based on 115 hours of class, lab and clinical instructions. The 115 hours comprises 75 hours of classroom work and 40 hours of clinical.
ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CNA/GNA PROGRAM
All prospective students must:
(1) Successfully pass a pre-admission test OR provide Proof of successful completion of a high school education e.g. a high school diploma, GED, Transcript from a government approved institution.
(2) Posses A Social Security Card, IRS Tax ID or a U.S. Immigrations Number and a Photo ID
(3) Submit Proof of a negative Tuberculosis test (PPD) taken within the past 6 months, or if positive in the past, submit a chest X-ray report taken within the last two years indicating the absence of active TB).
(4) Provide a proof of Immunization against Hepatitis B. OR sign a waiver.
(5) Provide a proof of Varicella immunization against Small Pox. OR sign a waiver
(6) Provide proof of measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) immunizations or sign a waiver. Waiver Forms are available at the office.
(7) Submit a Physical Exam Report from his/her physician stating that the student is in good health to enroll and participate in the program. Forms are available at the office.
(8) Provide proof of health insurance coverage. OR sign a waiver. Waiver Form is available at the office.
(9) Provide proof of current CPR & First Aid training. We do not accept Online CPR or First Aid training cards.
(10) Must be at least 17 years old, by the last scheduled class meeting day of the program.
Note: If you already have the shots/immunizations mentioned here, including your CPR & First Aid Card just bring copies of your records.
Note: Criminal background check is required upon completion of the CNA/GNA program to apply for certification to the Maryland Board of Nursing
The tuition and lab fee for CNA/GNA program in Stein Academy is nine hundred and ninety five dollars ($995) which includes tuition of $945 and a $50 lab fee. There is a Non-refundable Registration fee of $50.
The following are additional cost/fees that students may have to incur. These costs are subject to change Pre-admission Test fee if you do not have a High School Diploma or GED – $35; Books – $ 105*; Uniforms – $35/pair (3 for $100)**; Registration with Maryland Board of Nursing after graduation (CNA Certification fee) – $20**; Fingerprint and background Check after graduation $57.25 Registration for Nurse Aid Assessment/GNA Exam after graduation – $105; GNA Review $100; GNA Review Book $30. Note: ** The amounts marked with an asterisk are not payable to Stein Academy but reflect the costs the student may incur.
Payment is due in full on or before the first day of class
However, installment payments are available to students.
One time Payment –in – Full for tuition & lab fee only = $995 (excluding books & uniforms)
Note:** There is a one time $20 “installment Payment Servicing Fee” for those who chose to pay in installments. The fee is added to the first payment.
First payment $355 Due on or before the first day of class.
Second Payment $330 Due on or before the Friday of the second week.
Third/Final Payment $330 Due on or before the Friday of the third week.
(Breakdown is based on Tuition and lab fee plus $20 installment fee)
Note: Students who do not complete their tuition (a) Will not be allowed to take the final exam (b) Will not graduate (c) Will not be given any letter of reference.
Payment Options: We accept money orders, certified bank checks, business checks, debit and credit cards. No personal checks and cash please!
Payment Receipts: Students are entitled to and must request a receipt for all payments made to Stein Academy. No refunds will be made without a receipt.
Refunds: No cash refunds. All refunds will be made by CHECK, not withstanding the form of payment used. All refunds will be based on the School Refund Policy.
Stein Academy does not offer financial aid and does not participate in the Federal Financial Aid program at this time. The school however, welcomes sponsorship, financial assistance and tuition payments from any source or organization made payable to Stein Academy on behalf of any student.
Uniforms are required. The uniform color is Royal Blue for classroom and white for clinical. All uniforms are imprinted with the school logo and are available for purchase at the school.
OTHER PROGRAMS & CLASSES OFFERED AT STEIN ACADEMY
-CNA/GNA (Weekdays) – 4 weeks
-CNA/GNA (Weekends) – 8.5 weeks
-Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (Weekdays) – 7 weeks
-Nurse Tech/Patient Care Tech (Weekends) – 11.5 weeks
–Pharmacy Tech (Weekends) – 11 weeks +160 hours Externship
–Pharmacy Tech (Weekdays) – 4.5 weeks +160 hours Externship
-Phlebotomy Technician – 8 weeks
-EKG Technician – 6 weeks
-Medical Assistant – 600 hours+160 hours. Externship
-CPR/First Aid – 5 hours
DAY & EVENING CLASSES
(4 WEEKS) – 3 weeks of classes and 1 week of 40 hours clinical. (115 hours.)
Day Classes 9am – 2:30pm (M-F)
Day clinical (40 hours) 7am – 3pm (M-F)
Evening Classes 4:30pm – 10pm (M-F)
Evening Clinical (40 hours) 3pm – 11pm (M-F)
(8.5 WEEKS) – 8.5 weeks of classes and 1 week of 40 hrs clinical.
Day Classes 9:30am – 3pm (Sat & Sun)
Note: Clinical for weekend classes takes place during the weekday from 7am-3pm, Monday-Friday OR Evenings from 3pm – 11pm.